My name is Mark and I’m an experienced, multi-discipline designer / creative director. My strengths are building and managing brands, digital / web design, design for print and managing creative teams.
I’m ambitious, hard-working, innovative and have 16 years experience in working in a wide range of busy design agency environments and in-house designer roles. I also have excellent knowledge of the print process (lithographic and digital) having spent 9 years working with on-site printing presses.
I’d love the opportunity to discuss with you what my knowledge and experience could bring to your organisation.
- Digital Design 95%
- Design for Print 95%
- Creative Cloud Software 95%
- Brand Management 90%
- Brand Creation 90%
- Art Direction 85%
- Designer Development 85%
- Account Management 80%
Date of birth: 15/12/1978
Mobile: 07909 967 069
Address: 1 The Smithy, Lisvane Road, Lisvane, Cardiff CF14 0SG
Experience – Buy As You View
March 2014 – Present
Buy As You View – Graphic Designer
- In charge of all creative across the whole company including Digital, Print, Radio & TV
- Owner of Buy As You View Brand including creation of updated brand guidelines incorporating brand development work
- Web design
- page re-design
- form design
- header image design
- re-skin of existing site (brand development)
- Designing, writing and construction of all customer facing emails
- Asset management – structuring, organising and archiving of all assets such as images, logos, graphics and catalogue files
- Managing supplier relationships – main contact with 2 external printers and digital agency
- Tactical campaigns – idea generation, design, planning eg. direct mail, tactical email, offers etc.
- Responsible for 100pp Main Catalogue, tasks include:
- project management including schedules and key dates
- liaising with printers to organise quotes and negotiate prices
- organisation and art direction of photoshoot
- all design work including layout and cover ideas
- sourcing of images both from stock libraries and directly from suppliers
- writing and editing copy
- directing copy writers to produce catalogue content
- Responsible for 16pp Door Drop Catalogue, tasks as above. Print run approx 3 million a month
- Internal communicatons (incentive schemes, training materials etc)
- Business Stationery and Forms
Experience – Carrick Creative
January 2005 – March 2014
Carrick – Creative Director
- Provide creative input and ideas and take overall responsibility for design work (online and offline) produced in the studio.
- Design and develop digital communications (web sites, emailers, banners etc).
- Manage web design projects from brief stage through to launch including data analysis, design, content, development and testing.
- Manage branding and print projects from brief through design, artwork and print.
- Day to day running of busy design studio responsible for 4 designers and web developers plus freelancers.
- Recruit, train, motivate and generally manage all designers and developers including freelancers.
- Mentor junior designers (provide guidance on design theory, best practice and design techniques).
- Establish and develop a complete in-house web design and development service.
- Attend client meetings and produce design briefs.
- Oversee jobs from initial meeting through to delivery of final product.
- First point of contact for several large customers – providing advice and support on issues such as website analysis and brand management.
- Manage brands for many customers, including creation and updating of brand guidelines.
- Research new innovations, products and techniques to keep studio at the forefront of industry advancements.
- Manage in-house digital print machines.
- Prepare, update and implement daily work schedules.
- Maintain and update the Carrick brand including website.
- Liaise with suppliers such as external web developers, digital print engineers and IT support.
Swansea Institute of Higher Education (University of Wales)
BA (Hons) Degree in Graphic Design.
The Dorchester Thomas Hardye School
A Level qualifications in Design (B), Business Studies (B) and Photography (B).
10 GCSEs at C and above.