My name is Mark and I’m an experienced multi-discipline marketing professional with a creative design background.
I’m ambitious, hardworking, innovative and have 17 years experience in working in a wide range of busy design agency environments and in-house roles across multiple marketing channels.
My strengths are building and managing brands, digital/web/UX design, website management and journey optimisation, design for print and managing creative teams.
I’d love the opportunity to discuss with you what my knowledge and experience could bring to your organisation.
- UX and Digital Design 95%
- Website Management & Optimisation 95%
- Design for Print 95%
- Creative Cloud Software 95%
- Brand Management 90%
- Brand Creation 90%
- Art Direction 85%
- Designer Development 85%
- Account Management 80%
Date of birth: 15/12/1978
Mobile: 07909 967 069
Address: 36 Clos Ogney, Llantwit Major, Vale of Glamorgan, CF61 2SN
Experience – Buy As You View
March 2014 – August 2017
Buy As You View – Graphic Designer / Marketing & Website Manager
- In charge of all creative across the whole company including Digital, Print, Radio & TV
- Owner of Buy As You View Brand including creation of updated brand guidelines incorporating brand development work
- Web & UX design / management / optimisation
- copywriting, content planning and creation
- managing external agency to optimise and update website after launch
- plan and create SEO optimised content
- using tools such as Google Analytics, Power Bi, heat maps and website recording to analyse and optimise the customer journey and continually monitor website performance
- creation of wireframes using Adobe XD based on various analysis as mentioned above
- creation of mockups using Photoshop and working prototypes using InVision
- usability testing of designs and updating them based on real user feedback
- Designing, writing and construction of all customer-facing responsive emails
- Managing supplier relationships – main contact with 2 external printers and digital agency
- Tactical campaigns – idea generation, design, planning eg. direct mail, tactical email, offers etc.
- Responsible for 100pp Main Catalogue, tasks include:
- project management including schedules and key dates
- liaising with printers to organise quotes and negotiate prices
- organisation and art direction of photo shoots
- all design work including layout and cover ideas
- sourcing of images both from stock libraries and directly from suppliers
- writing and editing copy
- directing copywriters to produce catalogue content
- Responsible for 16pp Door Drop Catalogue, tasks as above. Print run approx 3 million a month
- Asset management – structuring, organising and archiving of all assets such as images, logos, graphics and catalogue files
- Internal communications (incentive schemes, training materials etc)
- Business Stationery and Forms
Experience – Carrick Creative
January 2005 – March 2014
Carrick – Creative Director
- Provide creative input and ideas and take overall responsibility for design work (online and offline) produced in the studio.
- Design and develop digital communications (web sites, emailers, banners etc).
- Manage web design projects from the brief stage through to launch including data analysis, design, content, development and testing.
- Manage branding and print projects from brief through design, artwork and print.
- Day to day running of busy design studio responsible for 4 designers and web developers plus freelancers.
- Recruit, train, motivate and generally manage all designers and developers including freelancers.
- Mentor junior designers (provide guidance on design theory, best practice and design techniques).
- Establish and develop a complete in-house web design and development service.
- Attend client meetings and produce design briefs.
- Oversee jobs from initial meeting through to delivery of final product.
- The first point of contact for several large customers – providing advice and support on issues such as website analysis and brand management.
- Manage brands for many customers, including creation and updating of brand guidelines.
- Research new innovations, products and techniques to keep studio at the forefront of industry advancements.
- Manage in-house digital print machines.
- Prepare, update and implement daily work schedules.
- Maintain and update the Carrick brand including the website.
- Liaise with suppliers such as external web developers, digital print engineers and IT support.
Swansea Institute of Higher Education (University of Wales)
BA (Hons) Degree in Graphic Design.
The Dorchester Thomas Hardye School
A Level qualifications in Design (B), Business Studies (B) and Photography (B).
10 GCSEs at C and above.
Mark was my creative director in a busy design and print studio. Mark always delegated work equally, thoughtfully and balanced throughout the studio and according to our abilities, strengths and skills. Mark is understanding and really easy to approach to discuss design briefs and stimulate ideas from. He is incredibly creative, knowledgeable and skilful and he is truly dedicated to his work. I would happily work for/with Mark again, he is empathetic and gets the best out of his co-workers.Debbie Richards
Mark was an integral part of my team for a number of years. He is a talented and meticulous designer who understands his customer. He brings more than just design to a marketing team. Whilst creating our new digital attraction strategy he was key in carving out a slick and simple customer journey through the website. His skills cover both print and digital design, maintaining a strong brand image throughout. I would have no hesitation in hiring Mark again.John Smith
This is just a small sample of my work. If you would like to see more, or specific areas of work, please get in touch.